Wednesday, January 30, 2013

Week two

I think I comment way too much in class and probably drive people crazy so I'll try and direct my comments more towards my blog instead. I just feel like I'm learning so much about my family and myself from this class. It's a really cool thing. Something Brother Williams said really stuck out to me and has really influenced my thoughts. It related to the fact that even though we are LDS and are striving for the perfect Mormon family it doesn't excuse us from the trials of life. It doesn't mean our families are perfect and function like a well oiled machine. We will still deal with addictions, depression, and other difficult situations. We have no reason to be ashamed of the things we face. I feel like that is especially important to remember here at BYU-I where we expect perfection in all things.
I have always struggled with being around my family all at one time. Family functions usually give me anxiety and make me want to run away. Things have happened over the years that lead me to believe they can't be good experiences and someone will always leave hurt. I'm starting to realize that I'm not so crazy and it's ok to have a hard time in family settings. It doesn't mean they are actually bad but that we all look at things differently and adapt to situations differently but that there is also always room for change.

No comments:

Post a Comment