Wednesday, January 30, 2013

Week three

This weeks class was so interesting to me, especially when we were talking in the group about the social class that we want our spouse to be from and what we want for our children. I am a really expensive kid and always have been. I love to go shopping and am obsessed with new technology. I always like to have the latest and greatest. I never really wanted to get married and if I did I expected him to be extremely wealthy. I always said that I wouldn't get married for less than a 2 carat ring. Everything was focused on money. I have since changed a lot and want different things. I have learned that a social status and money will never bring true happiness. It's being with those who make you happy and treat you well that brings the greatest joy into our lives. Now, that doesn't mean I want to be in poverty either. I want to have enough for my needs and at least some of my wants. I want to marry someone who comes from my same social class to alleviate the difficult transition and so that we can have a better chance of seeing the same things as needs and wants. I would want my children born more into the middle class. I want them to be cared for and not have to wonder where they will get their next meal from but I also expect them to learn to work like I did. I began working for my family's business when I was 12 years old and it was so good for me. I want my kids to have the same opportunity. I want them to appreciate the things they have and learn that it isn't free but if you put in the effort you will have at least what you need.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment