Thursday, March 14, 2013

The Media

Yesterday in class it really stood out to me how much misscommunication comes through the form of media it is sent from. It happened just after class when I was texting my fiance. I wrote something as a joke and normally I would put a smiley face or something next to it so he would know I wasn't serious. Unfortunately, I forgot and so he thought I was seriously upset. It didn't take long to fix the situation but it was necessary none the less. I also see this in my family with sarcasm. Me and my brother Cody are both extremely sarcastic. I avoid using it around my sister Niki because she always takes it personally . My brother hasn't figured that out yet or maybe just doesn't care and he hurts her feelings all the time. It has caused numerous family arguments over the years and a lot of harbored anger. It's definitely something that could be worked on.

No comments:

Post a Comment